Since I started this blog, I’ve neglected it. I have ideas for posts, but have a hard time fleshing them out. In the meantime, lists are my favorite so these are some of my favorite things lately!
1. I’ve noticed a LOT of blog posts and articles about body acceptance, positive weight gain, and the like. After two and a half years in retail, I started a desk job six months ago, with over an hour commute each way. Hours of sitting, less time for the gym, and constant office catering have added more than a few pounds to my waistline. My arms are not nearly muscular as they were a year ago and I suddenly actually need a bra again. While I cannot say that I am completely comfortable with my current body, it is what it is, and I’d rather have a few “extra” inches on my frame than be as miserable, constantly cold, and have a body resembling that of a 10-year-old boy ever again. With that, the recent surge in ACTUAL healthy and NORMAL body weight, composition, and eating articles I’ve read have really helped me. Here are a few:
- “On Body Image” by Carly of Snack Therapy
- A bunch of Clare’s latest posts – also where I got all of these articles
- “The Fuck-It Diet” by Margaret Cho
- “Looking ‘Fit’ Doesn’t Mean Being Healthy” by Jen Comas Keck
- “You Save Yourself” on Youreatopia
2. I really want to start cooking and baking a lot more. I get so lazy and tired through the work week. Usually I cook/prep my lunches on Sundays, but dinner ends up being veggies and pita or crackers with hummus and cheese five nights a week. Delicious, but boring. I save and pin recipes like crazy without ever actually making any. These are some I’ve saved in my Feedly reader that I’m going to make an effort in actually producing.
- The Sprouted Kitchen’s Shredded Kale Salad
- Two Peas and Their Pod’s Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- Skinnytaste’s Grilled Stone Fruit Salad
- Budget Bytes’ Chicken Pumpkin Soup
- (never home)maker’s Basil Hummus
3. Between locking my car and walking 10 feet to the trail on Sunday morning for my long run, I got stung by something inside my right ring finger. Something buzzed a few times on my head so I reached up to swat it away, ended up grabbing it, and yelled a loud obscenity in front of a lot of people and their dogs. When I was younger, I was stung by an unknown insect and developed hives so I naturally freaked out. I don’t know what stung me then and I didn’t know what stung me yesterday. Clearly I thought I was going to stop breathing, called my mom, jumped in my car and drove home to take Benadryl. I calmed down, didn’t break out in hives, baked some pumpkin protein bars, and went back to the trail later. I only ended up running 5.3 because my left foot was going numb. My laces weren’t too tight and it hasn’t happened before sooooo that was super weird.
I jumped off my couch, screamed, and danced with joy.
5. I just got called “Brandy.” No. No. Learn to read.